Friday, November 1, 2013

Trick or Treat

The biggest reason I created this blog was so that I could talk about how much fun it is being a Daddy.  My son Will is three and a half years old now.  Wow, where did the time go?  He loves to learn, makes me smile every day, has a big personality, and is very social.  

Last night when I got home, he was wearing his Halloween costume, and he was so excited!!!!! The smile on his face alone was enough to melt my heart, but what he really wanted was for me to put on MY Halloween costume.  Not only did he want to be Peso from the Octonauts, but he wanted me to be Barnacles and Leigh to be Kwazii.  Here is his costume.  Would you just look at that smile?  


The enthusiasm that my little boy has for life is contagious.  Because of him, I was excited about Halloween and even about wearing a costume.  He proudly walked around our neighborhood (before the rains came) with his costume on display, his candy bucket in one hand and his medical  bag in the other (Peso is a medical penguin, mind you).  When the rain started, we went to a local trunk or treat that was moved inside.  I think he had fun.  He was pretty exhausted when we got home.

People keep telling me to enjoy these times in Will's life and that they will go by fast.  I believe that and am doing my best to enjoy it all.  That smile makes it so easy.

I really do love being a Daddy.  

Have a blessed day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment