Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Grateful

I had a not so good day today.  I received some potentially upsetting news near the end of the day, and was in a pretty bad mood by the time I got home.  As soon as I walked in the door to our house and saw my son waiting for me, I started to get over it.  Nothing else mattered.   I was home with the two most important people in my life and I was happy.

Every night when I come home, Will greets me and is so excited and happy to see me.  The first thing he asks me is 'Daddy do you need to change your clothes?'  Translation: 'Daddy can we go upstairs and play in your room?'  I love this part of the day.  We play 'Ghost' and 'Ring Around the Rosie'.  We watch television in Leigh and I's room.  He helps me gain perspective very quuckly.  I remember what is important and where I am supposed to be.  Leigh is there to listen and support me no matter what.  What else is there?  All I have to do is walk in the door each night to realize I have everything I need right here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment